Saturday, April 16, 2011

Color and environment study


I'm slowly getting a little practice in on the new Wacom tablet. This is an environment study for what might be my next comic project after Salt Water Taffy 5 is finished in a few months. I am trying to make my color pallet much more exciting and fantastical, more along the lines of an animated fantasy. I sometimes have trouble with pushing my color choices from solid, but more or less representational, to a more exciting array full of color theory and design elements. Of course, obviously, doing this comic will depend on whether I can attract a publisher to print it in color, otherwise I'll shelve the idea and move on to something different, but this is what I plan on spending my summer working on. Expect tons of great art samples from me after June!

No comments: