Friday, April 22, 2011

Enchanted forest (Or something)


This is the first image of a story I'm pretty sure I want to be my next comic after I complete Salt Water Taffy vol. 5 early this summer. Not only has the idea been rattling around my brain lately but I've been itching to try out a different art style, one that is more story book and animation influenced. This illustration is the result of combining what I already know about digital coloring, with techniques I've been observing from many amazing artists on the web. The main lesson I've taken is the infusion of hand done textures in the digital art. I spent half of yesterday hand painting watercolor swatches and scanning them to use in this. All in all I'm very happy how this came out and I look forward to doing more while learning to streamline this process so it goes a lot quicker!

No comments: